East Bay Winter League
Welcome to Ist annual East Bay Winter League! Join us this fall with your local youth and high school teams, and prepare for the spring season! All teams will get 6 league games + season ending tournament on January 28th.
All teams participating will be in full compliance of NCS off season lacrosse rules. Teams will be open to all, and will not be reflective of spring lacrosse.
Winter League League
Dates and Times
- Saturdays games held approximately between 10am and 4pm
- December 2nd – January 28th, 2018
- Season Championship Tournament: January 28th, 2018 @ Ygnacio Valley High School
- High School
East Bay Jamboree
7v7 Samurai Style
Named after the World Famous Samurai Cup in Japan, our East Bay Jamboree has adopted the same fast paced rules to shake things up a bit.
- Games are 7v7 with no offsides
- 12 minutes games
- 35×55 yard field
- All penalties are 0:30
- Game starts with a faceoff; goalie starts with the ball after goals are scored
- All shots going out of bounds result in the ball being awarded to the other team, including shots
- Elimination style, championship format
|DATE||LOCATION||TIMES||TEAM 1||TEAM 2|
|Dec 2||YVHS||10:00 AM||Diablo Dogs||Bronx Bombers|
|Dec 2||YVHS||11:00 AM||Midnight Mavericks||Silver City|
|Dec. 9||YVHS||10:00 AM||Diablo Dogs||Midnight Mavericks|
|Dec. 9||YVHS||11:00 AM||Bronx Bombers||Midnight Mavericks|
|Dec. 16||YVHS||10:00 AM||Diablo Dogs||Silver City|
|Dec. 16||YVHS||11:00 AM||Bronx Bombers||Midnight Mavericks|
|Jan. 6||YVHS||10:00 AM||Bronx Bombers||Silver City|
|Jan. 6||YVHS||11:00 AM||Silver City||Midnight Mavericks|
|Jan. 13||YVHS||10:00 AM||Diablo Dogs||Silver City|
|Jan. 13||YVHS||11:00 AM||Bronx Bombers||Diablo Dogs|
|Jan. 27||YVHS||10:00 AM||Diablo Dogs||Silver City|
|Jan. 27||YVHS||11:00 AM||Bronx Bombers||Midnight Mavericks|
|Jan. 28 (Playoff Game 1)||YVHS||10:00 AM||Seed 1||Seed 4|
|Jan. 28 (Playoff Game 2)||YVHS||11:00 AM||Seed 2||Seed 3|
|Jan. 28 (3rd Place Game)||YVHS||12:00 PM||L Game 1||L Game 2|
|Jan. 28 (Championship Game)||YVHS||1:00 PM||W Game 1||W Game 2|
Basic Conduct Rules
- There will be zero tolerance for racist, homophobic, sexist or derogatory language of any kind. This includes on the field, off the field, in the stands, players, coaches and spectator. If this type of language is heard, that person will be asked to leave the tournament immediately. Please make sure this tournament is a hate-free environment and enjoyed by everyone.
- There will be no fighting allowed at any time. If a player punches another player during a game, he will be ejected from the game and/or the tournament. Refs will brief the tournament director after the game. The director will then determine if the ejection is for that game only or the rest of the tournament.
- There will be no “takeout checks” allowed. Players are to play the ball at all times. A takeout check is defined as a body check in which a player lowers his head or shoulder with the force and intent to put a player on the ground. While we understand that these checks are often legal and a part of the game, we don‘t want a serious injuries in an off-season tournament right before spring season. A takeout check will be given a 120 second running time penalty. If a player gets called for 3 “takeout checks” in one game, that player will be ejected from the tournament. If this happens, the refs will notify the tournament director.
Note: The tournament director will have the final say in any incident involving rule #1, #2 and #3. No refunds will be given in the case of an ejection.
- All sticks must be legal according to current high school standards and rules. If a stick is found to be illegal (1 minute or 3 minute), that stick will stay at the penalty box for the rest of the game. All stick penalties will be given a 90 second penalty (even for a 3 min penalty). Refs will not check sticks unless a coach calls for one during halftime or a timeout (Sunday games).
- Sportsmanship: Verbal abuse of referees from players, coaches or spectators will not be tolerated. Flagrant violations may result in a team disqualification at the tournament director’s discretion, No refunds will be given to any team kicked out of the tournament.
- All other rules will be called consistent to current CIF high school rules.
- • No Coin‐Toss or Line‐Up before games.
- • AP determined by winner of first face-off.
- • Game time will start promptly as scheduled.
- • Time will be kept by the referees. Penalty time will be kept by scorekeeper. There will not be a central horn.
- • 22 minute running halves / Four minute halftime.
- • 1 Time Out Per Team, Per Game.
- • Penalties are running time: 45 seconds for a technical foul and 90 seconds for a personal foul.
- • There will be a five minutes sudden death overtime. If no team scores, game ends in a tie.
- • Tournament games that go into overtime will continue until someone scores.
In the event of a TIE in the standings, the seeding will be settled using the following format:
- Win vs. Loss Record
- Head to Head Record
- Lowest Goals against (overall)
- Coin Flip
NOTE: Stats will be based on all games played, not just vs. the teams tied.